- Article 1. The Information we collect
- Our members can access our Service through their personal Facebook and Google Plus account information. The following are the types of information that we collect:
① For better services and customer inquires
② We may request the following additional information with your consent for promotional events and other selective services
- 1. Facebook Platform (If you have opened an account): Facebook account, date of birth and year, (does not apply to members younger than age of 14), name, gender, address, your currently set language for your phone, nationality, time zone and Facebook friend list.
- 2. Google Plus : Google Plus ID, profile and nickname.
- 3. Twitter : Twitter ID , profile and nickname.
- 4. QQ : QQ ID, profile and nickname.
③ The following server log information may be created and collected when using the Services.
- 1. mobile phone number, email address, home address, gender, and region
How we collect information
- - Usage record, access logs
① Through Website and mobile phone
② Information that you provide us through 1:1 inquiries or directly
③ Through information collecting tools
You may refuse collection or sharing of your information. However, in doing so you may not be able to take full advantage of our services.
- Article 2. How we use collected information
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect IGS and its users. We also use this information to offer you tailored contents such as ads.
① Why we collect your information
② The purpose of our service
- Information is used for member identification for our services, and to distinguish multiple accounts, nationality, inappropriate members, settling disputes, etc.
③ Development, marketing/advertisement of new service
- Customer satisfaction, notification, community support
④ Safety and Security
- New service, event information, improvement of service and statistical information
- Improve the safety and security of provided services.
- Article 3. Cookies
Using a variety of techniques to send one or more cookies to your device when users use the service, you can take advantage of how IGS collects and stores information.
When you set up through your browser if you do not want your information to be collected you may refuse to use the service, however if you do so will may not be able to use all available services.
- Article 4. Sharing of Information
IGS is entrusted with the handling of personal information in order to improve its services.
The company is entrusted with personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations when handling personal information that is strictly necessary, so all operations may be safely managed.
Custodian Name: Netmarble Games Corp.
Fiduciary duties: system development and operations for service providers
Use of personal information Period: Withdrawal during or at the end of consignment contracts
- Article 5. Modification of Information
IGS services provide its users with the required login information via a designated platform. If you wish to modify the registered information you may do so through the respective company from which the information came from.
- Article 6. Avoid harm to legal requests and correspondence
IGS will only provide access to personal information of its clients under the following circumstances:
① Compliance with laws, regulations, procedures and legally enforceable governmental request
② Enforcement of Terms of service Including Terms of Service violation investigation.
③ Detection of fraud, security breach or technical issues
④ Protection from hazards which is the right of the general public, property, safety.
- Article 7. Information Security
In IGS, personal information is treated with utmost care using automated systems with advanced technology and encryption to ensure against loss, stealing, leak, and modification of data.
The company will do its best to ensure protection of client information however it will not be held responsible for the negligence of the clients in handling their own information.
- Article 8. Links
- Article 9. Compliance
- Article 10. Change of Policies